Day Care and Escort Services for those requiring support during the Day
Belmont Day Centre is a purpose built day centre in the grounds of Madeira Lodge. Providing day care facilities for older people living with Dementia or indeed any other related health issues. Its a service that offers care and support for those living alone and require companionship and those being cared for by others to offer a level of short term daily respite.
For those living alone the service provides a social outlook in addition to support with their individual disabilities. For those cared for by others the service offers respite in addition to support and advice. Care is provided to up to 18 people per day.
The Day service acts as a vital role in the community not only offering companionship but also due to the available transport from 3 separate disabled vehicles it allows us to collect and return people to their own homes at their leisure, meaning they are not reliant on other forms of transport.
The Day Service can be accessed by both Social Service and Privately funded individuals. Potential clients and their families are encouraged to visit and spend more time in the centre as part of the assessment process. Clients and their families generally benefit from respite care daily but also additional longer term respite that is offered by madeira Lodge. This has greatly aided the transition into long term care offering the continuity of services.
The Service Available
- The Service operates on the ground floor for ease of access
- Their is a kitchen and large dining space used for other services including our dinner dances.
- 3 Toilets and Bathing facilities are available on request
- The Bathroom is also a walk in shower
- A treatment room is available for visiting professionals
- Professional meeting space is also available for use by anyone
Health & Personal Care
- People who attend the Day Centre have individual care plans based on an assessment of their needs - this is reviewed monthly.
- A key worker is assigned and assists the co-ordination of care
- We work in partnership with relatives , friends and professionals involved in the delivery of care
- Hairdressing and chiropody services are available on a monthly basis
- A meal is offered at lunchtime and we cater for individuals needs and special dietary requirements.
- Provision of many activities and for more details on our activities you can find out here
- Through QUALITY & ASSURANCE relatives families are involved in the service in order to maintain the level of care and to ensure we are constantly improving.