Madeira Lodge - A 28 Bed Care Environment in New Romney, Kent. Specialising in the care of those with Dementia and related illnesses.
Madeira Lodge is situated in a residential area with access to the coast and the town centre of New Romney and the towns of Ashford, Hythe and Folkestone. The home is a two storey build with a lift insitu and has the advantage of an extensive developing sensory garden which provides access to Madeira Day Services. It is maintained with a regular programme of refurbishment and redecoration in place.
- 28 single rooms 3 of which have en-suite. One of these rooms are available for emergency and planned respite care, and there is a respite policy in affect.
- Call bells in each room providing 24-help.
- Rooms are decorated to a high standard.
- Attention is given to making rooms as individual and personal as is practical.
- There is a large communal lounge and a smaller lounge with television and the space in which to carry out group and individual activities.
- Adapted and well maintained bathrooms meet all health and safety standards.
- A well maintained and full serviced lift to the upper floor.
- Easy wheelchair access to all main areas.
- Wayfinding signage and colour coded doors are used to assist our residents in being as independent as possible within their environment.
Potential clients and their families are encouraged to visit and spend some time in the centre as part of the assessment process. Clients and their families generally benefit from respite care offered at Madeira Lodge. It has been noted that clients who have become residents at Madeira Lodge have benefited from this gradual transition.